How a piece of E-lit changed my understanding about electronic literature

The piece of electronic Literature that I consider to have changed my understanding of electronic Literature is Shelly Jackson's Patchwork girl. This story can be called as a perfect example of the genre hypertext fiction. 

Before reading this text , I though that hypertext was just a link for jumping from one article to another and that it did couldn't be used anywhere else other that in sites for informational purposes. My view was completely changed after I read Patchwork girl as it shows how Shelly Jackson has ingeniously used the idea of hypertext to create a piece of literature which is divided into parts . 

After reading this text I found the concept of hypertext works to be interesting and found out that nowadays there are many works of fiction which are made using hypertext on the digital platform. I found these works of literature to be more interesting as it allows us a choice on what direction the story needs to take .

So in the end I think people should be made aware of what electronic Literature is and of how it is different from books that had converted to the digital platform ( This is the thought that I had during the beginning of the electronic Literature class)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bitcoin

My view on Amanda Johnson's article on Kinetic Typography

A new Tomb in Egypt